Reflection For July.
In
today’s world of 21st century, the knowledge of Information and
communication technology has been very fundamental and crucial in everyone’s
live. It provides wider knowledge and can help in gaining and accessing
information. That’s why ICT is defined as an access to information which
includes storing, operating and receiving information in digital form. It is
the main authentic and reliable source of information. Thereby ICT has become
an integral part of everyday life for many people.
ICT
may also be a significant motivational factor in students’ learning, and can
support students’ engagement with cooperative learning. Thus, teaching and
learning process is made more relevant, easier and user-friendly because
materials and information are available from various sources like work samples,
video lessons and readymade projects and assignments on a varied topics and
subjects. It has interconnected the world through different means and
techniques.
ICT
has an important role in the world since we are now in the information age era.
Technologically advanced ICT facilities have immensely helped the learners to
get motivated to carry out the given tasks without any difficulties. On the
other hand the workloads of the teachers were drastically reduced and the
atmosphere in the class rooms were seen completely change with the coming of
ICT techniques.
On 5th July I
taught English in class IV. I have chosen a topic “Adjective”. I have used ICT
to teach Adjectives. I projected
them a short karaoke song on the projector to gain the attention. Children enjoyed
singing and they were very attentive to start the lesson.
To
introduced the lesson I have shown video. Children watched the video for ten
minutes and they were able to grapes the idea and understood what they are
going to learn without being explained.
In
the first activity I have shared a short essay in the class forum and gave
fifteen minutes to read the essay and underline the adjectives. Children were
allowed to use their mobile phone to do the activity.
In
the second activity children were given opportunity to explore from the
internet more about adjectives like how to pronounce the words correctly. They
are taken to ICT lab to do the activity.
ICT improved the quality in teaching learning. Use of ICT in education adds value in teaching and learning, by enhancing the effectiveness of learning.
With
simple basic use of ICT facilities in my class, I found a lot of differences
especially in students’ learning. They were motivated, enthusiastic and were
eager to learn and take part in every activity.
Though
it was bit of time consuming and extra work to teacher but I enjoyed a lot with
students’ and was happy to complete my task successfully. Henceforth, I will
always try and use one or the other ICT gadgets in my teaching and learning.



By reading your lesson reflection
ReplyDeleteI can sense that your children might have enjoyed your lesson.
I liked your gaining attention part.
Keep it up madam.
Thank you madam Dema for your comments.
DeleteVarieties of gadget used. Effective lesson.Great work!
ReplyDeleteThank you madam
DeleteWonderful job
ReplyDeleteThank you madam.
Deletewonderful and informative reflection for the month. But I could not view the JPF photos/pictures. May be because of my poor net connectivity.
ReplyDeleteThank you Kencho sir for spent time to read my reflection. I think it is not because of your poor network that you could not view my in=mages. It got deleted while Sonam Gyeltshen sir was trying to comment my post. He is saying the my post was linked with his post. How it happened.
DeleteOh, I see la. Now I can view your photos.
DeleteInformative reflection, enjoyed going through it.
ReplyDeleteThank you for going through my reflection and commenting it sir.
DeleteWell thought out reflection with appropriate authentication la @ mam Dorji
ReplyDeleteWow great madam go ahead with the same.
ReplyDeleteVery authenticative on the uses of ICT in the classroom. Please continue it without failing ...
ReplyDeleteWow used different gadget during your teaching.Children might have enjoyed a lot.
ReplyDeletemight have enjoyed a lot.